Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Grilling: My Not-So-Creative Way to Eat

So anyway kids, it's my first blog post EVER. And of course, it's a lame one because all I've been doing lately is grilling, which I don't really consider cooking. Especially when it involves packaged meat and packaged marinade. I know, I know. I shouldn't even be blogging about this on a site I call the Cooking Machine, but whatever; I am.

Tonight was easy; teriyaki pork chops, chicken burgers, cheeseburgers and salad. Finley (the husband) and I are both on Atkins right now so it's just easier to grill. And since it's hot as balls outside, an oven is out of the question. I feel like I'm taking the easy way out here, so I'll post a recipe for a favorite of mine and last year's Rock the Dock* participants. These Inside Out Burgers went over so well that I have gotten continued requests for them for the last year. I will definitely be making them for the birthday Rock the Dock* coming up next weekend.

Ingredients
    • 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    • 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
    • 1 pound 90%-lean ground beef
    • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Directions

1. Preheat grill to medium-high.

2. Combine Cheddar and Mozzarella in a small bowl.

3. Gently mix beef, Worcestershire, paprika and pepper in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking. Shape into 8 thin, 4-inch-wide patties. Mound 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each of 4 patties, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cover each with one of the remaining patties. Crimp and seal the edges closed.

4. Grill the stuffed patties over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well. (Be sure not to press the burgers as they cook or they'll split open and the cheese will ooze out.) Let the burgers stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Serves 4


* Rock the Dock is a party that my friends Casey and Mike have at their house on Lake Hopatcong almost every Sunday during the summer. It kicks ass!



No comments:

Post a Comment